One of the recent ugly trends affecting collective bargaining is non
implementation of collective agreements by employers. This has reduced
the gains and benefits of collective bargaining as an instrument of
industrial harmony in developing countries. What can be done? Which way
forward? . These are some of questions begging for answers. Experienced
Unionist, Labour Experts and Lawyers will gather in one hall to proffer
This workshop will also provide you
with a theoretical and practical understanding of the bargaining
process. You will examine the context, content, and process of the
collective bargaining. While considering both union and managements
perspectives, they will weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the
collective bargaining to each party. You will examine the legal
framework of collective bargaining. At the same time, you will consider
the historical evolution of strategies and tactics employed at the
bargaining table in both the private and public sectors.
Through the use of case studies, you will consider bargaining
scenarios in a wide range of sectors and industries. You will also gain a
practical understanding by designing and participating in mock
bargaining sessions. In addition to studying the bargaining process and
methods of contract enforcement, you will discuss alternative models of
worker representation as well as new forms of bargaining that are
evolving in the context of a global economy.
Experience the collective bargaining process through hands-on participation in a simulated negotiation. Whether you’re a newly assigned negotiator on the management team or just looking for a refresher, you get realistic insight into the emotional factors that can affect the outcome of any contract negotiation.
Administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Case study: To Be Determined
Enforceability and Effect of Collective Agreements
How to Negotiate: Tactics and Techniques
Grievance Procedure and Economic Impact of Collective Bargaining
The programme is designed for Trade Union Leadership, Management Staff, Human resource Managers, Employee Relations Managers and Union Members
The programme will be delivered using the following methodologies: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, Videos, case studies and exercises
- The organizers of this conference have been wonderful; the course contents are rich and well delivered, the environment is also an enabling one while they did their best to make participants comfortable.
- The conference was educative and informative, kudos to the facilitators, I hope to maximize and use the knowledge to pilot the affairs of my library
- The facilitators were able to use the emergence of electronic information resources to meet the expectations of the participants.
- A big thanks to the facilitator, he made his lectures very interesting and practical. More of his likes should be invited yearly.
- The topics discussed were very interesting and relevant to our different workplaces and relevant ideas were exchanged.
- The conference has enhanced my productivity and experience in terms of metadata
- The conference has helped me in my present work by informing management on the need for E-library facilities in our organization
- I would recommend the conference to others. It is also good for people in the management position
- It has given me a wider knowledge of Labour/Trade union Act.
- The strength of the course was very practical and tailored to suit industry needs
- The course has met my expectations in all ramifications.
- The course has been and is still helpful in bridging the gap between management and staff union and therefore fostering harmonious working relations
- The course was very exciting, refreshing and educative, many thanks for the high quality of resource persons and participants. More grease to your elbows. Please keep it up
- The conference was interactive and informative
- The conference will help in discrete foresighted unionism
The conference has enlighten me on Labour Acts and other relevant areas of Unionism
- The conference has really help to create better industrial harmony and relevance in our workplace
- I will recommend this conference, very essential
- The facilitator were apt and knowledgeable
- The course was adequate and relevant
- The strength of this program is on audience participation and relation of knowledge to experience
- The conference has improve my advocacy as a Labour leader
- I appreciate the in-depth knowledge and experience of the facilitators
- By making me to be aware and have in-depth knowledge of union laws/regulations and expectation. It also create the quest to study the law and use it to bargain with employers
- The conference enhanced and expanded my knowledge in union activities and also help me to achieve peace and harmony in the organization
- Utilizing the theoretical and practical gains in daily union activities
- The training should be made available state by state.
- The conference has met my expectation in the areas of providing solutions without infringement on the right of workers
- The conference met my expectation in all ramifications.
- The conference has educated me in knowing Labour laws and ways of resolving industrial disputes which will be applied by me in negotiation of Labour disputes in my workplace.
- The course is highly recommended. I will recommend it to the union leaders and employers in order to sponsor Labour leaders and organization managers.
- The conference has given me better skills, stability and emotional balance in terms of unionist being able to assert himself in negotiation
- On how to better approach my management with a better skill and mind set
- This conference has increase my knowledge and experience in teaching process
- I will recommend this Conference to other staff
- I am now better equipped as a unionist
- The conference was very educative and has actually given me the opportunity to know more about my responsibilities as a labour Leader.
It was very fruitful and the resource persons are excellent and the method of presentation is good
I have updated myself on the relevant labour laws and I now have more
interest in ensuring industrial harmony
The strength of the conference are:
- The speeches and presentation were professional
- Materials presented and hall setting were satisfactory.
- The materials presented in this conference should be taught in schools because children are the future of our generation
I must confess that the workshop materials were most enriching, with a very strong bearing with real-life situations in practice. Thank you so much for this unique opportunity
My main objectives for attending the course were to: acquire skills and knowledge on how to grow my organization faster, enhance productivity, and learn vital business success secrets from experts. Upon the completion of the course, I can say for sure that all my objectives were fully met satisfactorily
The Fellowship program is encompassing, it is a complete package that
takes care of all aspects of management ranging from personnel to
administration, marketing, sales, social media, quality management
The program has made me realize that the problem of low Productivity is universal and needs a universal approach to overcome. Professional Productivity Officers are needed as Consultants in every Organizational system.
Its an eye-opener for me to some things that can either enhance or hamper ones productivity
Rich content for each course segment in a lucid presentation. I appreciate everyone behind this successful workshop
This course is so much appreciated, as it serves as a refresher course to me, while I also gain some new insight on productivity and development. It will go a long way to help me improve my capability, in the capacity I function in my company. Many thanks for putting together such great material.
Our portfolio of more than 200 training courses are currently designed to address the current training needs of our
clients incorporating latest trends and internationally accepted best practices, in each distinct subject area.