On the other hand the Bangladesh National UniversityÂ located in Gazipur, Dhaka,Â Â has a total enrolment of 1,000,000 students, scattered across its many affiliate colleges found throughout the country as well as those on its main campus.
The teaching is provided through blended learning supported by their digital library.
Therefore Librarians must understand the role of digital library in e-learning. This will enhance the capacity of our existing institutions to absorb more students without the constraint of physical infrastructures.
This course is focused on the possibilities provided by digital libraries
and e-learning in expanding the students absorption capacity of our
higher institutions in Nigeria.
Therefore today Librarians can equip themselves more by transforming to digital librarians. One million students populated institution can only be supported by e-learning and digital librarians. It is possible in Nigeria.
The course is aimed to train professionals in building and
managing digital libraries out of their own resources. There will be
extensive hands on practice and half day will be devoted to project on
developing prototype digital libraries.
1. To have knowledge of various hardware/software skills required for next generation libraries
2. To Have hands on training on use of KOHA and DSpace
3. Training on techniques for installation, modification of Library Management software
4. Interactive Session
The following topics will be discussed
Koha and DSpace Technical and User Training
Â An intensive course for anyone who wants to host and set up their
own in-house Koha system. You\'ll set up a Koha Library System that is
secure, fully functional, and upgradable. You will also learn how to
use Koha to run your library.
DSpace download and installation and administration
DSpace Customization & Working with the Interface
DSpace Road Map
Building Communities & Collections in DSpace
Membership, Subscription and Submission in DSpace
DSpace Administration: E-People, Group & Authorization Policies, and License
Library personnel, librarians, or IT staff who have an interest in
learning how to build and maintain a Koha software and Installation of
This course is non-residential. Participants are to lodge in hotels of their choice near the Training centre. A list of these Hotels will be provided on request.
- The organizers of this conference have been wonderful; the course contents are rich and well delivered, the environment is also an enabling one while they did their best to make participants comfortable.
- The conference was educative and informative, kudos to the facilitators, I hope to maximize and use the knowledge to pilot the affairs of my library
- The facilitators were able to use the emergence of electronic information resources to meet the expectations of the participants.
- A big thanks to the facilitator, he made his lectures very interesting and practical. More of his likes should be invited yearly.
- The topics discussed were very interesting and relevant to our different workplaces and relevant ideas were exchanged.
- The conference has enhanced my productivity and experience in terms of metadata
- The conference has helped me in my present work by informing management on the need for E-library facilities in our organization
- I would recommend the conference to others. It is also good for people in the management position
- It has given me a wider knowledge of Labour/Trade union Act.
- The strength of the course was very practical and tailored to suit industry needs
- The course has met my expectations in all ramifications.
- The course has been and is still helpful in bridging the gap between management and staff union and therefore fostering harmonious working relations
- The course was very exciting, refreshing and educative, many thanks for the high quality of resource persons and participants. More grease to your elbows. Please keep it up
- The conference was interactive and informative
- The conference will help in discrete foresighted unionism
The conference has enlighten me on Labour Acts and other relevant areas of Unionism
- The conference has really help to create better industrial harmony and relevance in our workplace
- I will recommend this conference, very essential
- The facilitator were apt and knowledgeable
- The course was adequate and relevant
- The strength of this program is on audience participation and relation of knowledge to experience
- The conference has improve my advocacy as a Labour leader
- I appreciate the in-depth knowledge and experience of the facilitators
- By making me to be aware and have in-depth knowledge of union laws/regulations and expectation. It also create the quest to study the law and use it to bargain with employers
- The conference enhanced and expanded my knowledge in union activities and also help me to achieve peace and harmony in the organization
- Utilizing the theoretical and practical gains in daily union activities
- The training should be made available state by state.
- The conference has met my expectation in the areas of providing solutions without infringement on the right of workers
- The conference met my expectation in all ramifications.
- The conference has educated me in knowing Labour laws and ways of resolving industrial disputes which will be applied by me in negotiation of Labour disputes in my workplace.
- The course is highly recommended. I will recommend it to the union leaders and employers in order to sponsor Labour leaders and organization managers.
- The conference has given me better skills, stability and emotional balance in terms of unionist being able to assert himself in negotiation
- On how to better approach my management with a better skill and mind set
- This conference has increase my knowledge and experience in teaching process
- I will recommend this Conference to other staff
- I am now better equipped as a unionist
- The conference was very educative and has actually given me the opportunity to know more about my responsibilities as a labour Leader.
It was very fruitful and the resource persons are excellent and the method of presentation is good
I have updated myself on the relevant labour laws and I now have more
interest in ensuring industrial harmony
The strength of the conference are:
- The speeches and presentation were professional
- Materials presented and hall setting were satisfactory.
- The materials presented in this conference should be taught in schools because children are the future of our generation
I must confess that the workshop materials were most enriching, with a very strong bearing with real-life situations in practice. Thank you so much for this unique opportunity
My main objectives for attending the course were to: acquire skills and knowledge on how to grow my organization faster, enhance productivity, and learn vital business success secrets from experts. Upon the completion of the course, I can say for sure that all my objectives were fully met satisfactorily
The Fellowship program is encompassing, it is a complete package that
takes care of all aspects of management ranging from personnel to
administration, marketing, sales, social media, quality management
The program has made me realize that the problem of low Productivity is universal and needs a universal approach to overcome. Professional Productivity Officers are needed as Consultants in every Organizational system.
Its an eye-opener for me to some things that can either enhance or hamper ones productivity
Rich content for each course segment in a lucid presentation.Â I appreciate everyone behind this successful workshop
This course is so much appreciated, as it serves as a refresher course to me, while I also gain some new insight on productivity and development. It will go a long way to help me improve my capability, in the capacity I function in my company. Many thanks for putting together such great material.
Our portfolio of more than 200 training courses are currently designed to address the current training needs of our
clients incorporating latest trends and internationally accepted best practices, in each distinct subject area.